Our individual personality begins its development after our birth. Each of us has a different set of characteristics and traits due to the fact we are born from different parents and under a variety of biological, physical and environmental factors .The development of these traits are influenced by several factors, like temperament, education, biological systems, environmental factors, cultural beliefs and family background, and ongoing interaction to these factors lead to the development of our own individual personality.
In the competitive world, in which we live, there are certain jobs that require applicants to have pleasing personalities for them to be employed within that job. Individuals’ personalities are not solely limited on the physical attributes of a person, like beauty, body structure, height and weight, but they also include intelligence, communication skills, emotional intelligence, work skills and many more.
Developing yourself and your individual personality does not only help you get the job you want, but also helps you to become a better person.
Self development does not occur automatically, and improvement only begins when you are old enough to have control of your life. You have to accept your flaws, the traits that you lack and plan on how to change and improve yourself.
- Take a speech course – this can help you improve communication skills, a major factor when wanting to be successful.
- Participate in community and school activities – by participating in these kinds of activities, you can gain new friends and gain a variety of experiences in many different areas.
- Take a personality improvement course – This type of course can teach you about business writing, personal letter composition and conversing with different types of individuals’. It can also help you with some issues with regards to problem solving.
- Hiring professional life coaches – they can help you identify your strengths, weaknesses and abilities. They can assist you in developing your own personal goals and encourage self-development. (Hiring the best life coach can help but is often not enough because you as an individual need to have certain qualities to become successful.)
PERSONAL SKILLS WHICH HELP YOU TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL:
- Confidence – successful people have the confidence to pursue whatever goals and aspirations they desire, they do not fear failure.
- Persistence – successful individuals have the persistence to pick themselves up every time they fall. They are not afraid to find means to solve the obstacles and challenges they come up against.
- Emotional intelligence – you must have the temperament to handle problems and obstacles with coolness and to think and act calmly and efficiently even in an emergency situation. With this trait, you can become a good leader.
- Creativity – this will allow you to address problems in an interesting way. With creativity, you can find different ways to solve problems and to make a business more profitable.
- Inquisitive nature – successful individuals always ask many questions. They want to know what happens to every action done. By asking questions, they can have deeper understanding of the problems at hand.
- Handle Fear – successful individuals are willing to take risks. They are not afraid to venture in business. They are not afraid to make mistakes, of failing or of being ridiculed. They do not tire and give up easily. They experience fear but their education and abilities enable them to solve the problems at hand.