secure and supportive environment for children aged 8 to 12 to learn about the natural world around them and gain an appreciation of the importance of nature and its various ecosystems. This learning is achieved through a wide range of fun, adventure-based learning outcomes and will provide participants with a unique and memorable experience.
Quest’s adventure activities are incorporated into all aspects of the camp and in between the practical eco learning sessions, camp participants will be engaged in group adventures and personal challenges.
Quest, an outdoor adventure facility set on 7-acres of private beachfront land within Laguna Phuket, offers a unique environment for an adventure-driven camp and has all the facilities and amenities on hand to ensure a truly memorable experience.
QUEST’S “GO GREEN” EDUVENTURE SCHOOL CAMP
Camp Quest seeks to provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for children aged 8 to 12 to learn about the natural world around them and gain an appreciation of the importance of nature and its various ecosystems. This learning is achieved through a wide range of fun, adventure-based learning outcomes and will provide participants with a unique and memorable experience.
This 5 day/4 night adventure experience will allow participants to study, play and live together in a friendly camp environment. Tented accommodation will be shared with up to 8 children per large tent.
The camp emphasizes respect for the individual and individual responsibility for the group. We do not stress skill acquisition but rather teamwork, camaraderie and participation.
- 7 acres of beachfront, forested land
- 4,000m2 of grassed activity fields
- Over 5,000m2 of camping grounds
- A 200m2 indoor, air-conditioned activity area
- Qualified and experienced camp leaders and counsellors
- 24-hour security
- A 24-hour medical clinic on standby
- Indoor shower and toilet facilities with hot water
- Good staff:child ratio
- Good selection of adventure activity stations
- including Zig-Zag and Giant V
Learning outcomes will consist of several of the below topics and will depend upon the demographics of the group, total number of camp participants, age of the group, and time of year.
To understand the importance of marine ecosystems and the interaction between humans and marine creatures, including endangered sea turtles.
- Sea turtle populations in Thailand and the problems facing them
- Fish found in the seas of Thailand and their role in the marine environment
- Problems facing fish populations in South East Asia
- Snorkelling and reef cleaning
- Possible turtle or fish release depending upon time of year
- Support work in the Phuket Marine
- Biological Centre for injured turtles
To gain an appreciation of the forest environment, understand the interaction of mangrove forests and coastal ecosystems and the need for conservation.
- Concentration of mangrove forests around the world
- Importance of mangrove trees to the ecosystem
- Problems facing mangrove forests and their causes
- Methods for protecting mangrove forests and associated ecosystems
- Planting of new mangrove tree saplings
- in appropriate areas
- Bird and animal watching and identification
- Prevention of land erosion
To assist community development, including animal welfare, and experience cross-cultural learning and social development.
- Stray dogs in Phuket and the work of various organisations in caring for them
- Problems facing rural communities and schools
- Importance of recycling and environmental protection
- Beach cleaning
- Support work with the Soi Dog Foundation for homeless dogs and cats
- Basic school or community renovation and beautification
- Participation in ongoing recycling projects
Laguna Excursions Ltd., 390/1 Moo 1, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay,
Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand. Tel: +66 (0) 76 362 300 Ext. 1806 Fax: +66 (0) 76 324 058
Email: email@example.com www.questlagunaphuket.com