Central Festival Phuket has now been open for nearly 7 years. Late in 2010 its owners Central Retail Cooperation
invested 350 million Baht to renovate the shopping mall both inside and outside making this popular shopping venue more appealing and modern. The objectives were to magnetise lots of overseas tourists, mainly from Russia, China including Hong Kong, South Korea, and Europe, and to increase a new group of members who are trend followers. The company has increased the overall space from 40,000 square meters to 53,000 square meters covering four floors of the complex, up from three floors previously.
The number of tenant stores at Central Festival Phuket has increased by 15 per cent, with 30-40 new outlets opening now that the renovation works are complete. The company expects to increase shopper traffic at Central Festival Phuket by between 20 and 25 percent. The mall now attracts between 10,000 and 15,000 shoppers a day, of whom 40 percent are foreign tourists.
Central Department Store has improved all floors and all departments to show its new look as following:
- To enlarge the space of the basement floor.
- To increase home décor, tools, car equipment, luggage, lamp departments.
- To adjust its lay-out and redecorate Women and Men’s departments on the 2nd and 3rd floor respectively.
- To open the kid and family department covering all space of 4th floor, consisting of toys, gift shop, Sanrio departments and Bunditnoi Club.
The enlarged retail space in the fourth floor and increased all over space from 40,000 square meters to 53,000 square
meters now includes the following:
More learning centers “EDU Planet”: The world of learning inspires children with dazzling colours of architecture and
interior design. They can select as many centers as they like such as Gymboree, Yamaha Music School, ECC Language
School, Children Art Center and Computer Click.
- International Brand Fashion & Cosmetic Zone: Central Festival Phuket provides various fashion and fashion accessory brands in over 40 shops including Panach, Dorothy Perkins & Paul Frank.
- The Central Food Hall: This is the fi rst food store in the Southern Thailand and the best in Asia with a space of 3,500 square meters. Central Food Hall serves Phuket people and international visitors with premium worldwide food products.
- Dining Circle & Lan Lom Bar: This is the newest outdoor restaurant and bar designed by the concept of “Alfresco Dining & Bar Circle”. The customers can indulge 10 international modern restaurants and bars with a 360-degree panorama view, such as Pimento Bar and Wine Connection.
Asian Art & Crafts: A new area dedicated to offering Asian products such as fashion apparel and accessories.
Family Restaurant: The customers can enjoy eating all menus with reasonable price in Food Terrace including the newest Chinese restaurant namely Mandarin Hoho Sek.
Health & Beauty Zone: It is the largest beauty center in Southern Thailand, covering over 4,500 square meters, consisting of a total of 20 Beauty Clinics and Beauty Salons such as Romrawin Clinic, Wuttisak Clinic, Nitipon Clinic, Meko Clinic, Pan Clinic, Cut & Curl, 2B1 Hair Studio, Marie France Body Line, Slim Up Center, Skin Doctor & Sparsha Sliming Center.