World’s best restaurant Noma poisons diners

World’s best restaurant Noma poisons diners 1

Sixty-three customers and some staff suffered vomiting or diarrhoea last month, health officials said Friday.

The diners at Noma, which grabbed the number one spot in Restaurant magazine’s prestigious annual ranking in 2010, 2011 and 2012, fell sick over a five-day period, inspectors said in a report which can be seen on the eatery’s website.

The inspectors from the Danish food ministry criticised the restaurant for not alerting authorities quickly enough and for failing to take adequate action after the worker fell ill. Noma blamed a delay in disinfecting the restaurant’s kitchen on internal communication problems.

Even when members of two separate dining parties complained by e-mail, and one employee reported vomiting after handling food, no measures were taken the morning after. Noma charges 1,500 kroner ($260) for a menu without drinks.

 

Tags: 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*



Phuketindex.com | News | Travel & Living | Luxury Lifestyle | Dining | Magazine | Newsletter | Directories | Events | TV | Jobs

Phuketindex.com the phuket lifestyle, living and travel guide is owned, designed and managed by
© 2014 Guide Vision Limited 9/98 Moo3 Rasadanusorn Road, Muang, Phuket 83000 Thailand
Tel: +66 76 240749 Fax: +66 76 240750